Sharing about my work in this way is somewhat outside of my comfort zone. But ultimately it is always so nice to connect with others who have similar commitments and concerns:
Social and structural justice
- Uplifting each other. (Community Action and Engagement: Indigenous Studies) Camosun College guest lecture/interview. Victoria BC. November 24, 2020.
- Inclusion and community building: Profoundly particular. Season 5, Positivity Strategist podcast. July, 2020.
- TRC-informed CYC praxis, CYC 100A (Introduction to Child and Youth Care). University of Victoria. October, 28, 2015.
- Contextualizing Care: Relational engagement with/in human service practices, CYC 671 (Policy and Practice, PhD level) University of Victoria. March 20, 2013.
- Contextualizing Care: Alternatives to the individualization of struggles and support by considering loss, CYC 671 (Policy and Practice, PhD level) University of Victoria guest lecture. February 3, 2011.
- Contextualizing CYC practice; Striving for socially just practice, CYC 546 (Human Change Processes, Masters level) University of Victoria. January 30, 2010.
The field of Child and Youth Care
- Post-growth possibilities for Child and Youth Care, HS 4600.01 (Working with Children and Youth). Kennesaw State University. 9 March, 2017.
- Intergenerational civic engagement, CYC 100A (Introduction to Child and Youth Care) University of Victoria. November 19, 2014.
- Community-based CYC practice, CYCC 1141 (Introduction to Child and Youth Care Practice) Douglas College. 1 October, 2013.
- Exploring Personal and Community Health … through Photography, PHED 230 (Active Health) Vancouver Island University. January 30, 2012.
Qualitative research theory and methods
- Research in real life: Knowing, doing, being, CYCC 4423 (Research methods in Child and Youth Care), Douglas College. 24 November, 2017.
- Walking interviews: Bringing movement and place into research conversations, CYC 643 (Qualitative Research Methods, PhD level) University of Victoria. March 9, 2015.
- Photovoice as a research method, DIDS 220 (Action Research and Learning in Community) Vancouver Island University, October 17, 2014.
- Inquiring into life as we live it: Hybrid research collectives, CYC 641 (Generating Knowledge in Child and Youth Care: The Scholarship of Practice, Research, and Policy, Phd level) University of Victoria, November 3, 2014.
- Implications for practice: Postmodernism and Diversity, CYCC 2450 (Advanced Child and Youth Care Practice) Douglas College. 11 January, 2013.
- Doing emergent research, Community Economies Research Network, University of Western Sydney. 28 February, 2012.
- CYC 543 (Qualitative Research Methods, Masters level) University of Victoria, February 3, 2009.