Facilitating groups in community settings can be such a transformative experience! Those listed below include professional development courses, personal and interpersonal development experiences, youth engagement experiences, and collaborative projects.
Engagement sessions that are part of larger project (research or community development) are not listed, here. But those projects can be found under the ‘research and consulting’ tab.
Relational practice, in context
- Rethinking relational practice with youth: Living it every day. 20th Canadian/12th triennial international Child and Youth Care conference: Transitions and transformations. Richmond, BC. May, 2018. (with Ryan Pielle).
- Confidentiality and privacy in Health and Human Services. Tla’amin Community Health. December, 2017 (with Alison Taplay)
- Diversity in Practice, pilot professional development course for University of Victoria and the Powell River Diversity Initiative, Victoria, BC, November 16-17, 2012
- Our invisible power: Emotions. Vanguard Women’s School of Radicalization. Victoria, BC. March, 2016 (with Fiona Mayhill)
- Gender workshop. Dreamcatcher Retreat: Celebrating pluralism, place, and community. Powell River, BC. July, 2015 (with Ryan Pielle)
- Social Justice and Values Based Service, professional development at Satori Lifestyle Resources in Courtenay, BC, March 26, 2015 (with Alison Taplay)
Inclusion and community building
- Defining Diversity, Creating Community learning circle at Vancouver Island University in Powell River, BC, October 16, 2014 (with Alison Taplay)
- Defining Diversity, Creating Community, community education course for Vancouver Island University, in partnership with Sliammon Health and Model Community Project, Powell River, BC, May, 2013 (with John Louie) and October, 2013 (with Ruby Barclay)
- The Stories we Live by: Building Common Ground through Stories, pilot four-part workshop series for the Powell River Diversity Initiative, Powell River, BC, November 5, 12, 19, 26, 2012
- Diversity Caravan Framework Development, Organizing Against Racism and Hate (OARH) Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast Regional Network, Powell River, BC February 26-27, 2011 (with Christien Kaaij)
- Defining Diversity, Creating Community, pilot community education course for Vancouver Island University and the Powell River Diversity Initiative, Powell River, BC, November 17-18, 2011
- Public Engagement Project Planning, Canada World Youth, Powell River, BC, January 29, 2011
- The Danger of a Single Story workshop, Brooks High School in Powell River, BC, October 12 and 15, 2010
- Youth Ambassador Diversity Program, PRDI, Powell River, BC, March – June, 2008
- Photography for Social Change workshop, Canada World Youth, Powell River, BC January 22, 2011
- Photography and Social Change workshop, Vancouver Island Organizing Against Racism and Hate (OARH) Forum in Port Alberni, BC, March 27, 2010
- Photography and Social Change workshop, Community Caretakers’ Youth Conference in Powell River, BC, February 1, 2010
- Photography and Social Change workshop, Digital Media class at Brooks High School in Powell River, BC, November 19, 2010
- Photography, Education, and Social Engagement workshop, University of Victoria Education Department’s Underground Curriculum in Victoria, BC, February 24, 2010